Filipino/Italian American, Angelo Reyes began his professional life as a creative designer in the advertising industry. Later, he decided to explore the television industry by hosting and co-producing the motorsports show Street Vision Garage.
He then studied with Lynette Sheldon at the LS Acting Studio in New York and soon relocated to Los Angeles to pursue his aspirations as an actor. He has appeared in the 2020 Netflix film Hill Billy Elegy, the 2010 comedy-crime-drama The Bill Collector, HBO’s The Outsider, the 2013 drama-thriller Killing Kennedy, and others.
After achieving success in the acting realm, he decided to explore his talent as a director. In 2015, he produced his first short film titled Heartless. In 2018, he was recognized with the Rising Star Award at Westfield International Film Festival for Groomed, a short about human trafficking that he both produced and directed.
His latest project, 21st & Colonial is based on a true story about a young Black man struggling to support his family crosses paths with an overworked police officer with PTSD. The short, which he co-wrote, directed, and stars in, won a REMI Award at the 54th Worldfest International Film Festival and has been named an official selection at several festivals. Reyes plans to develop the story into a feature film.
Deeply in touch with his Filipino and Italian roots, Reyes is dedicated to creating films that explore the intricacies of different cultures and promote tolerance, diversity and inclusion.
- Year Film Title Description
- 2021 21st & Colonial Omar is a young Black man trying to support his newly pregnant girlfriend. Carlos is a cop with a dark past weighing him down. Through the course of a day their similarities will be spotlighted, but the two will cross paths in a tragic way
- 2019 Groomed Maria's story is a familiar one—with a violent and heartbreaking twist. Frustrated with her mother's seemingly overbearing concern, teenage Maria runs to the arms of an older man who pays her attention and promises her love, if she will do just one thing. Maria realizes too late that what she thought was love was a ploy for control until a chance encounter changes everything.
- Year Film Title Award(s)
- 2016 Winner 48FILM Festival Award Choreography My Fair Maiden (2016)
- 2018 Accolade Competition Winner Award of Merit Best Shorts Best Short Groomed (2018) Winner Award of Merit Asian American Groomed (2018)
- 2021 Asian World Film Festival Nominee HFPA Snow Leopard Scholarship Award Shorts 21st & Colonial (2021)
- 2019 Beverly Hills Film Festival Winner Best Editing Groomed Best Editing
- 2016 Filmily Fest Film Festival Winner Best Supporting Actor Amoriph
- 2021 International Film Festival Manhattan Nominee Best Actor 21st & Colonial
- 2018 LA Shorts Awards Winner Platinum Award Best Short Film Groomed
- 2020 Lonely Wolf: London International Film Festival Nominee Best Drama Groomed
- 2018 Westfield International Film Festival Winner Rising Star Award Actor
- 2021 WorldFest Houston Winner Silver Remi Short Film 21st & Colonial